Wednesday, October 26, 2022

An Honorable Mention

I am thrilled to have earned an Honorable Mention in the L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future Contest for my story A Deception, a short little tale about a god, a siren, and an entrance to the Underworld.

A sneak peek at the opening below. Stay tuned as I share more over the next few weeks.

A Deception

“Come on, old friend,” said Hades, looking entirely out of place drinking a margarita at the Tiki Hut on a beach in the Florida Keys. He stroked his beard, pulled down his sunglasses, and met Janus’ gaze, “Look, man, you know I wouldn’t ask, but things up here are a bit out of control, and it’s radically affecting the systematic way I run things downstairs. I should have most of it sorted out in a month or two, but I only need you guys to guard the Entrance to the Underworld for six weeks. Tops. Plus, Naribelle,” he glanced at the voluptuous beauty sunning herself oceanside, “she’s a natural. Six weeks is all I need…promise…”

To Be Continued


Thank you so much for your continued support. I would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section. Until next time. ✌️

~Aspen


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aspen! Your hard work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the honourable mention. Although, it's a little weird that there's a contest based on the founder of the Church of Scientology. A terrible work of fiction turned into a religion. Anyway, I digress. The opening lines have already got me wondering what it's all about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I concur...I did not know about the Scientology connection at first. But all good fiction comes from somewhere. 😉

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your mention. What a great achievement. Keep up the good work. Thank you for sharing.

    Lauren - bournemouthgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the honorable mention! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

The Shack

It's been a while since I've posted any fiction. The Shack is a short flash from one of those 24 Hour Contests. There is a prompt fo...