Saturday, March 9, 2024

The Soul Takes Time

 

📷credit: geralt


In the Darkness of the New Moon, I'm embracing new beginnings, letting go of endings, seeing new perspectives, and facing fears...

Behold my symmetrical gathering of words, a mini story in poem form, a menagerie of free verse and chaos with a dash of rhythm, rhyme, and repetition.



The Soul Takes Time

I am right where I need to be
To be right where I need to be.

Time after time
It could have gone differently,
That’s true, you see.
Lacking a readiness
A new purpose to the past.

Thirsty with desire
Push and shove
Zoom zoom to the top
Reach the goal

Gather the prize
Achieve it all
Take it home
Make it your own.

Over and over
Essence was lost
Nothing but an empty
Only a void

Filled with the unfulfilled
Dark and dreary
Such a heavy cost
For all that was lost.

Sing into the song of the wind
Find your sway in each day
The soul sought takes time,
And time again.

Lesson after lesson
Wisdom and strength
Grow from within
Blossom and bloom
Again after again.

I am right where I need to be
To be right where I need to be.



It's been a while since I've dabbled in poetry, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on this latest WIP.  
Thank you so much for stopping by. 

Until next time: Be creative. Find your wild side. Stay sane(ish). ✌️

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to be able to write poetry, I even dabble with it in my teens, but I always encountered the same issues. I know nothing about the rules of poetry, and I have this weird issue where everything ends up in one basic rhythm that I can't break. Anyway, it was refreshing to read a poem by someone who has talent. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete

The Shack

It's been a while since I've posted any fiction. The Shack is a short flash from one of those 24 Hour Contests. There is a prompt fo...