Monday, June 6, 2022

What's Next for Em De Mone?


 

What comes after the Secret Life of Em De Mone?


Well, that’s the beauty of her story, it’s only just begun. I know where she ends up in a few decades, but it will be fun to explore how she gets there.


At the end of Secret Life, Em was headed out for pancakes with her Granny to talk about the family business. It didn’t take long for the next part of the story to take shape in my mind. 


An 8-part series aptly titled Family Business is coming VERY soon. I like to think (hope to the heavens) it’s a little ‘Supernatural’ meets ‘Sons of Anarchy’. Not only will it wrap up a few stray questions from Secret Life, but it will also tell a whole new story with brand new characters. 


Family Business is written in 1st person POV, so we will see this unfold from Em’s personal perspective. I tried to capture her inner fears, her strength, and her bad habits. 


For many years, I had the good fortune to live in Las Vegas, so this story has been quite a trip down memory lane during its development! However, most of the story is one gigantic figment of my imagination. 


Here is a tiny glimpse into Em’s world and her new, not-so-secret life…


Excerpt from Family Business:

As I sat in my little  Saturn, turquoise and surprisingly inexpensive, I stared at the building. I gnawed away on a hangnail while my knee bounced uncontrollably. I’d only been here once before, and I’d fled in a hurry totally confused and overwhelmed. Since then, I’d tried to block these people and this part of my life out of my mind, until Granny turned up at that Fetish Ball two nights ago. Now that I’ve seen real people scoop out their own eyeballs, everything was different.

I pulled down the visor to check my reflection and procrastinate. My gray eyes stared back at me as I straightened my short, spiked hair. I was in way over my head. Why on earth had I ever left my school in upstate New York where I was safe and able to freely practice magic?  

Oh yeah, turns out I’m also half-demon. When that discovery came to light, well, things got weird, and rightfully so. I was freaked out by the other side of me, too. Demons, by nature, are evil and loathsome creatures, but I don’t feel like a heinous beast…

Mystics and Mechanics (Part 1 of Family Business) coming soon. 

Stay tuned!


10 comments:

  1. Love seeing the story continue to evolve in new directions! May the words flow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Las Vegas as a setting and can’t wait to read about the historical development!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jumping in late but am intrigued. I'm a supernatural fan so this is in my wheelhouse. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I haven’t read previous chapters. I found this really interesting. Supernatural things can be really intriguing. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  5. This sounds so interesting and need to catch up on the first chapters for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are enjoying the first few segments. Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

The Shack

It's been a while since I've posted any fiction. The Shack is a short flash from one of those 24 Hour Contests. There is a prompt fo...